Covid-19: Odisha Reports 3443 New Cases, 14 Fatalities In A Day
Image Credit- Twitter/BMC
Bhubaneswar: Odisha recorded a spike of 3443 coronavirus cases and 14 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the infection tally to 219119 and death toll to 842 on Wednesday.
With this, the active cases in the State rose to 36743 while a total of 181481 patients have so far recovered from the disease.
Of the fresh positives, 2017 have been detected from quarantine while 1426 are local contact cases.
As per the information shared by I&PR department, Khordha witnessed the 601 cases, the maximum among all the districts of the State. Cuttack comes second with 359 new cases while Balasore 152, Puri 141, Mayurbhanj 132, Sambalpur 131, Jajpur 130, Bargarh 111, Kandhamal 103 and Kendrapara 101 cases.
— OTV (@otvnews) September 30, 2020
Khordha (two in Bhubaneswar) and Nayagarh reported three fatalities each, two persons succumbed in Puri district, while one death each was reported from Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Ganjam, Kalahandi and Kandhamal districts.
The health department has shared the details of the Covid patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 52-year old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 56-year old male of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 60-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 56-year old female of Bhubaneswar.
- A 79-year old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 72-year old male of Ganjam district.
- A 70-year old male of Kalahandi district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 47-year old male of Kandhamal district.
- A 45-year old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)