Petrol and diesel prices vary depending upon several factors such as local taxes, VAT, freight charges, etc. The prices of petroleum products change as per market rates.
Public sector OMCs like BPCL, IOCL and HPCL revise the fuel prices daily in line with international benchmark prices and foreign exchange rates. The prices of petroleum products have so far remained stable in Odisha and other parts of the country.
On October 17, petrol, and diesel are being sold at Rs 103.04 and Rs 94.61 respectively in the capital city of Bhubaneswar. Meanwhile, the rate of fuel is Rs 103.71 for petrol and Rs 95.25 for diesel in Cuttack.
The price of petrol in the pilgrim town of Puri is Rs 103.58 and diesel is sold at Rs 95.13. The petrol and diesel price in the western Odisha town of Sambalpur has been recorded at Rs 103.85 and Rs 95.41 respectively.
Similarly, the petrol rate in Malkangiri today is Rs 108.92, and the diesel rate is Rs 100.29.
Fuel rates in some other towns:
1. Jajpur - Petrol (103.46), Diesel (94.99)
2. Rayagada - Petrol (107.32), Diesel (98.73)
3. Nabarangpur - Petrol (107.79), Diesel (99.21)
4. Koraput - Petrol (107.79), Diesel (99. 21)
5. Jharsuguda - Petrol (103.21), Diesel (94.79)
6. Dhenkanal - Petrol (104.08), Diesel (95.61)
7. Bargarh - Petrol (104.06), Diesel (95.61)