• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Mrunal Manmay Dash

A major fire broke out at Bhartia Tower, one of the prominent commercial hubs in the heart of Badambadi square in Cuttack on Friday. The massive fire broke out on the fifth floor of the tower.

While no exact reason for the fire was known immediately, locals suspected it to be caused due to short-circuit. Fortunately, there has been no casualty in the incident.

On being informed, a team of fire personnel rushed to the spot and were engaged in dousing the flames. They are making every effort to bring the situation under control.

As per information, a family resided on the fifth floor and was engaged in the maintenance work of the tower. The fire has broken out inside their residence. The family revealed that the fire broke out due to short-circuit .

An eyewitness said, “The fire broke out all of a sudden. The security guard of the tower and his family resided on the fifth floor. Valuables worth lakhs of rupees including household items, gadgets, necessary documents and electronics were gutted in the fire mishap.”

“Luckily, the fire has not spread to other rooms, otherwise the damage would have been worse,” he added. 
“We rushed to the spot after some of the traders raised an alarm after noticing the smoke,” said another eye-witness.

A major tragedy was averted by swift action by the locals as well as personnel of the fire services department.

Other Stories

scrollToTop

AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.