7th Pay Commission: Salary Hike For Central Government Employees Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
New Delhi/Bhubaneswar: The Central government employees are going to have a hike in their salary as the Narendra Modi government has decided to increase their allowances on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.
As per media reports, the central government employees who perform night duty will get a hike in their salary as Night Duty Allowance (NDA) will now be implemented on the 7th Central Pay Commission’s recommendations.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) reportedly issued new instructions for the allowance after the Modi government’s decision to implement the same amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
With this, the Centre has ended the earlier practice of giving out night duty allowance to all employees with one Grade Pay, said reports.
However, no further compensation will be admissible wherever the working hours have been arrived at after taking into account the night weightage factor, The Financial Express reported.
7th Pay Commission Night Duty Allowance – Key Takeaways:
1. Duty performed between 10 pm and 6 am will be considered as night duty.
2. Ceiling of basic pay for entitlement of NDA shall be Rs 43600 per month.
3. A 10-minute uniform weightage for every hour of night duty performed.
4. Government not to pay the allowance at the hourly rate equal to BP+DA/200.
5. Basic pay and DA for the calculation of the night allowance rates will be the basic pay and DA prevalent as per the 7th Pay Commission.
6. Central government employees will get their NDA based on the basic pay on the day they perform night duty.