SSR Case: NCB To Quiz Rhea Chakraborty Again Today
Image Source: Twitter
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty on Monday appeared before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for a second day in connection with the ongoing probe into the drugs angle in the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
On Sunday, she appeared before the NCB for the first time and was subjected to a six-hour grilling amid speculations that the actress would be arrested as investigators went hammer and tongs after drug related allegations that have emerged in the death case.
Rhea was questioned by at least two NCB teams in various aspects of the narcotic drugs thread that has cropped up in the Sushant case.
Earlier on Sunday, a NCB team including Sameer Wankhede, who is heading the investigation, and a woman official had gone to pick up Rhea at her home in PrimRose Apartments in Santacruz but she opted to go in her own car along with a Mumbai Police escort, amid speculation that she would be arrested.
The 28-year old actress, who has already been questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement Directorate, reached the NCB office for questioning, a day after her brother was sent to NCB custody till September 9.
Besides Showik, Sushant’s house manager Samuel Miranda, domestic help Dipesh Sawant, and drug peddlers Abdel Basit Parihar and Zaid Vilatra are also in NCB cuctody.
In a statement, released through her lawyer Satish Maneshinde, Rhea said she was “innocent” and would fully cooperate with the investigations.
“Rhea Chakraborty is ready for arrest as this is a witch-hunt and if loving someone is a crime, she will face the consequences of her love,” Maneshinde said.
He added that being innocent, she has not approached any court seeking anticipatory bail in all the cases foisted by Bihar Police, now with the CBI, the ED and the NCB.
In a statement late on Saturday, Rhea and Showik’s father, Lt Col Indrajit Chakraborty (retd) condemned his son’s arrest by the NCB.
“Congratulations India, you have arrested my son, I’m sure next on the line is my daughter (Rhea) and I don’t know who is next thereafter,” he said.
“You have effectively demolished a middle-class family. But of course, for the sake of justice, everything is justified. Jai Hind,” said the retired army doctor.
In its remand plea for Showik on Saturday, the NCB had hinted that Rhea would be summoned to join the probe as the agency hopes to “uproot the drugs citadel of Bollywood and Mumbai”.
Though Rhea had earlier denied consuming drugs, she had reportedly admitted that Sushant used to take marijuana and despite her efforts, she could not control him.
(With IANS Inputs)
More Related Stories: