With the effect of the second wave of the pandemic slowly waning and vaccination picking up, several IT companies are slowly calling employees back to their offices.
But this time, not all employees will be returning to the office and not all will be working from home as companies are exploring the hybrid work culture model. Under this model, one is expected to work for a few days from the office and a few days from home.
And, it seems the hybrid model is going to be more popular going forward as it has benefits of work from home and office to better manage work and personal life both. IT giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), which employs over 500,000 people worldwide, is also working on this phenomenon.
Speaking about the company’s decision during the second-quarter earnings call on October 8, Chief Operating Officer of TCS NG Subramaniam said that the hybrid model is the future of work.
He also said that the company would like to encourage all the TCS staff to take this opportunity to come and visit the offices and work out of offices in a systematic manner.
Citing that working remotely is an integral part of the operating model, the top executive said that the company is committed to a 25/25 vision, where the company will have only 25% of employees working in offices by 2025 and the rest 75% will work remotely.
Video Editor: Surendra Pradhan
Producer: Diptiranjita Patra
Published: Sanchita Mondal
Last updated: 13 October 2021, 09:11 AM IST
Candidate must have passed Class 10 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks, in aggregate and must have passed ITI in relevant trade.