/odishatv/media/media_files/2026/02/18/thai_le_upscale_prime-2026-02-18-12-38-23.jpg)
Six Odia workers stranded in Thailand allege non-payment of wages; seek State government’s help (Enhance Using AI) Photograph: (OTV)
Six migrant workers from Odisha have reportedly been stranded in Thailand, alleging non-payment of wages, threats from their employer, and acute food shortages. The workers have appealed to the Odisha Government to intervene and facilitate their safe return to India.
The six youths, hailing from the Rajkanika area of Kendrapara district and the Chandbali region of Bhadrak district, had travelled to Thailand in August last year after being promised employment at a plywood manufacturing company. However, they claim that they have not received their salaries for the past several months.
According to the workers, they were assured a monthly salary of Rs 25,000 along with accommodation and food. They allege that despite working for nearly six months, they have not been paid for the last three to four months. When they demanded their pending wages, the company owner allegedly threatened them, even invoking police action.
In a video message sent from Thailand, the distressed workers said the situation has worsened over the past few days, as the mess facility where they were staying has reportedly stopped providing food for the last four days. They claimed they are struggling to survive without proper meals and are living in fear.
“We have been working here for the last six months, and I have not been paid for the last three months. Whenever I ask for my salary, the owner threatens me in the name of the police. I request the Odisha Government to make necessary arrangements for our safe return,” said one of the workers.
Another worker stated, “We were called here on August 26. The owners, Om Prakash and Jay Prakash, promised a Rs 25,000 salary along with accommodation and food. But they are not paying us. We request the Odisha Government to rescue us.”
Also Read: Midnight firing near Hanuman Temple in Bhawanipatna; youth arrested, two pistols seized
The workers said they are unable to return home on their own due to a lack of money and have sought immediate intervention from the state authorities. Further response from the Odisha Government is awaited.
/odishatv/media/agency_attachments/2025/07/18/2025-07-18t114635091z-640x480-otv-eng-sukant-rout-1-2025-07-18-17-16-35.png)

/odishatv/media/media_files/2025/09/22/advertise-with-us-2025-09-22-12-54-26.jpeg)
