/odishatv/media/media_files/2026/02/21/father-pix-2026-02-21-20-07-03.jpg)
KISS Plus 2 student death: Victim’s father alleges foul play, demands proper probe Photograph: (OTV)
The recent mysterious death of a Plus Two Arts student inside the hostel campus of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) in Bhubaneswar has taken a serious turn after the grieving father, on Saturday, raised strong doubts over the circumstances surrounding his son’s demise and demanded a proper investigation into the incident.
Expressing suspicion, the victim’s father questioned how his son could have allegedly ended his life from a three-foot-high bed. He stated that it is not possible to lose one’s life from a three-foot cot, casting doubt on the preliminary version of events.
The father further alleged that he had requested the authorities not to bring down his son’s body until he arrived. However, he rued over the fact that before he could arrive, they had already brought him down.
He also stated that there were no signs indicating that his son was under any distress, and he was happily talking and laughing with his mother a day before. There was absolutely no reason for him to take such a step.
Demanding a fair and thorough investigation, the father asserted that the truth would come out if an appropriate probe is conducted. The bereaved father shared his personal struggle, saying he had only one son and had dreamed of seeing him become a successful person who would one day ease the family’s hardships.
Also Read: KISS Plus 2 Student Death: Child protection activist levels serious allegations against institution
“I had gone to Telangana to work as a migrant labourer. They sent a vehicle to bring me back after the incident,” the father of the deceased student said, breaking down over the loss.
"A teacher called me and informed me that my son had committed suicide. When I asked about the reason behind his death, they could not provide any explanation. Other students told me that the incident happened when they were outside the room, and my son committed suicide on his bed. They said that when they returned, they found him dead. I had admitted my son to KISS in 2015. I work outside the state as a migrant worker to earn a living for our family. My son used to visit our village only once a year," he added.
/odishatv/media/agency_attachments/2025/07/18/2025-07-18t114635091z-640x480-otv-eng-sukant-rout-1-2025-07-18-17-16-35.png)

/odishatv/media/media_files/2025/09/22/advertise-with-us-2025-09-22-12-54-26.jpeg)
