Fire breaks out at SCB Hospital in Cuttack
Cuttack: A fire broke out in the Hepatology department of the SCB Medical College and Hospital here today triggering panic among the patients and attendants. However, no one was injured in the incident as all the patients were shifted out of the ward immediately.
The hospital authorities informed that the mishap occurred due to a short circuit in one of the air conditioners in the ward. “Soon after the short circuit, our hospital attendants and staff, with the help of fire extinguishers doused the flames. The situation was brought under control and we have asked the patients to get back to their respective wards,” said an official.
“We were asked to go out of the hospital premises. The fire was immediately extinguished by the hospital staff,” said a patient Madhava Mangaraj.
However, a few patients were scared to get back and were seen lying outside the ward with saline and catheters. “I am scared to go inside the hospital ward again after such an incident” said an elderly patient.
Here’s a video showing patients narrate their ordeal after surviving the fire mishap:
#WATCH Patients with saline and catheter narrate their ordeal after surviving a fire mishap in Hepatology department of SCB Medical College and Hospital in #Cuttack today #Odisha pic.twitter.com/0oC9HjFj1r
— OTV (@otvnews) November 21, 2018