Sharmili Mallick

Bargarh: A youth employed in a guest house at Padampur in Bargarh district was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a live electric wire while cleaning for Diwali today.

The deceased, identified as Rohit Bag was a resident of Belpahar area in Jharuguda district and working at Sitampur Inn in Bargarh.

According to reports, Rohit was cleaning the window panes of a room of the guest house at around 10 am, when he came in contact with a 33 KV electric wire passing close to the window and died on the spot.

After getting information police rushed to the spot and sent Rohit’s body for post-mortem.

Meanwhile, family members of Rohit alleged that he was working without safety equipments leading to the mishap.

On the other hand, owner of the guest house has surrendered before the police. Further investigation into the incident is on.