Saswat Singhdeo

Dhenkanal: A woman and her daughter were burnt alive after a gas cylinder caught fire in Bhuban of Dhenkanal today.

The incident took place after gas started to leak when the girl was preparing tea at her home. The woman, who rushed in to save her daughter was also engulfed in the fire.

Husband of the woman too received serious burn injuries while trying to rescue the duo. Locals rushed the man to the Community Health Centre in Bhuban where he is undergoing treatment.

"The patient has received 40 per cent burn injuries and his condition is stated to be critical," informed a doctor. Police have launched an investigation into the case.