• otv
Odishatv Bureau

Cuttack: Five members of a family, including two children, had a close shave after the car in which they were travelling caught fire near Madhupur village in the district on Monday.

The incident occurred in the morning hours when Dillip Biswal, a resident of Purushottampur village in Badachana block of Jajpur district was returning with his family from a friend's place in Mahanga. The family had visited Mahanga sometime back. There were a total of five occupants in the car, including the driver and two children.

While the vehicle was travelling near Madhupur village the occupants noticed smoke emanating from the engine. Soon afterwards, Biswal , who was driving the car, stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road and the family quickly came out of it.

https://youtu.be/x7dz2HgyJdo

The place where the incident occurred is a dense forest area and no immediate help could reach in time. However, Biswal's quick thinking saved the family as the car went up in flames in no time after the occupants came out.

Later, the Kuanpal fire brigade reached the place of the mishap and doused the fire before it could spread further. Fire officials suspect that the shot circuit could have caused the fire. In fact, in most of the fire cases involving vehicles of late, random sparks in the engine caused by faulty electrical wiring has been found to be the reason.

The local police also reached the place of accident after receiving the information and started an investigation.

Other Stories