Bhubaneswar: Odisha Higher Education Department on Wednesday released guidelines for the conduct of the final semester exams for Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) exams in the State.
The department has taken some decisions with regard to conduct of UG and PG examinations by the State Public Universities and Autonomous Colleges coming under the administrative control of the Higher Education Department:
Final Semester/Year UG and PG Examinations:
1. All State Public Universities and Autonomous Colleges shall compulsorily conduct the final semester/year UG and PG examinations between 20.09.2020 and 10.10.2020 as per the revised guideline of UGC dated 06.07.2020. (The State Government has already made a request to UGC for extension of the deadline by ten days.)
2. Pending Back Paper examinations of Final Semester/Year UG and PG students shall also be conducted quickly as per the UGC revised guideline dated 06.07.2020.
3. If need be, examinations can also be conducted on holidays.
4. Publication of results of final semester/year UG and PG examinations, including back paper examinations, must be made by 31.10.2020.
5. Special examinations shall be held for those who cannot take the final examinations now for whatever reason(s). But these special examinations will be conducted by the Universities / Autonomous Colleges once the Covid-19 situation improves, hopefully by December 2020.
6. For conducting examinations in physical mode, the Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) communicated by MHRD Office Memorandum dated 06.07.2020 must be followed.
Meanwhile, Odisha has now requested the UGC to extend the exam deadline to October 10, 2020.
The State government mentioned that this will ensure scheduling of exams with at least one day gap so that exam centres can be sanitized properly and adequate precautions are followed as per COVID protocols.