Keonjhar: A pall of gloom descended on Kendua villagers under Keonjhar Sadar Police limits after a youth died of electric shock this morning hours before his marriage. The deceased has been identified as Lokanath Mohanty.
With a heavy heart, Mohanty’s family members said that almost all the preparations for his marriage had reached final stages as he was slated to tie the knot with a girl later today. Unfortunately, he suffered an electric shock while switching off the lights fixed at the pandal erected for his wedding ceremony.
Though some family members and villagers rushed Mohanty to the District Headquarter Hospital in a critical condition for treatment, the doctors who attended him declared him brought dead.
More details awaited.