Bhubaneswar: The Covid-19 curve is seeing a steady rise over the last few days in Odisha. The State has reported 1389 new cases and nine deaths in a 24-hour period which pushed the coronavirus infection tally to 293214. The death toll has climbed to 1340 after today's surge.
Of the fresh cases, 798 are from quarantine and 591 are local contacts. Only three districts have registered 100 or more cases. Khordha district reported a maximum of 142 new cases, followed by Cuttack (101) and Sundargarh (100), informed State Information and Public Relations Department.
#Odisha: Khordha reports highest 142 new #COVID19 cases; dist wise cases: pic.twitter.com/S4H5XSEBkZ
— OTV (@otvnews) November 2, 2020
As per the data shared by the State Health and Family Welfare Department, three patients succumbed to the virus in Sundergarh while Sambalpur, Khordha, Kandhamal, Cuttack, Puri and Sonepur districts have registered one death each during the period.
The details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment at various hospitals are:
- A 58-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 73-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 70-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 48-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 79-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 60-year female of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Hypocalcemia.
- A 61-year male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 60-year male of Puri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 50-year male of Subarnapur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
With Sundargarh registering maximum deaths for last 2-3 days, situation looks more concerning in the district. The district saw three deaths on Sunday and three more on Saturday.
The State now has 14257 active cases while 277564 patients have recovered from the disease so far. As many as 43332 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 4645192 in Odisha.
(Edited By: Devbrat Patnaik)
Indian Logs 45K New Covid Cases, Tally Surpasses 82L