We Report, You Decide

Students taken ill due to food poisoning in Sundergarh

Sundergarh: As many as 15 girl students at Ulsurei shelter home under Lahundipara block in the district were admitted to hospital today after they fell ill due to suspected food poisoning. The students have been admitted to Lajundipada and Bonai hospital for treatment.

According to sources, the students were served lunch before going to the examination centre to appear for the matric examination on Friday. After returning to the shelter home they had complained of stomach ache and later started to vomit.

Following the incident, a team of doctors visited the school and began treatment of the students but there was no improvement in their condition.

After their health condition continued to deteriorate, all of them were admitted to the hospital where they are currently undergoing treatment, added sources.

Read Our Next Story