• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Subadh Kumar Nayak

Angul: At least 54 students of Kulei Upper Primary School reportedly fell ill after consuming food served under mid-day programme on Saturday. After the students complained of stomach-ache and vomiting, they were admitted to Sub-Divisional Hospital in Talcher.

"We found a spider in the food which was served to us in the school. When we reported the matter, the cook questioned us whether the spider was dead or alive. Later, several students fell sick," said Rudra Jena, a Class VI student.

Jharana, mother of another affected student said, "We admitted our daughter after she complained of stomach-ache and vomiting. She fell sick after taking food in the school. We were told that a spider was found in the mid-day meal."

"When we questioned the teachers about the matter, they said that a meeting will be held in this regard on Monday," she added.

All the students have recovered and have been discharged from the hospital after treatment. Meanwhile, the school authorities could not be contacted over the matter.

Other Stories


AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.