Subadh Kumar Nayak

Rayagada: In a fateful incident, a class VII girl student of Kasturba Residential School in Kumudabali was electrocuted to death after accidentally coming in contact with a live wire on Wednesday. The minor student, Nandini Kadraka, died after she touched a livewire hanging from one of the walls of the hostel room.

The incident took place when Nandini was returning to her hostel after having dinner last evening. Some of her classmates rescued her and immediately informed the hostel officials about the matter.

The minor girl was admitted to Muniguda Community Health Centre in a critical condition where she breathed her last today while undergoing treatment.

“We came to the hospital after one of the school officials informed about the incident. We have been told that our daughter died after an electric shock, however, there is no confirmation yet,’’ said Uansu Kadraka, father of the deceased girl.

When asked about the incident, Purna Chandra Bariha, DEO, Rayagada said, “It is unfortunate. We have started an investigation into the matter and stringent action will be taken against those found guilty.”