Bhubaneswar: Though all technical and professional institutions across Odisha reopened today, the physical mode of teaching will resume from February 17.
The State Skill Development and Technical Education Department informed that the COVID guidelines will be strictly followed during the classroom teaching.
The department has further released the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the same in all ITI, polytechnic, engineering colleges and other professional institutions.
Here's the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Conduct of Physical Classroom Teaching:
1. Physical classes shall be held in regular manner to cover all chapters of the syllabus irrespective of coverage of some chapters by on-line mode.
2. Whenever possible, the physical classroom teaching shall be recorded and shared with absentee students.
3. Following Covid-19 Prevention Protocols shall be followed:
a. Teachers/Staff/Students residing in active containment zone shall not come to Universities/Colleges.
b. Face Mask/ Face Cover shall be mandatory.
c. Frequent Hand Wash/ Hand sanitization shall be ensured.
d. Social Distancing (6 ft. distance) shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If needed, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
e. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
f. Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (i.e. Covering one's mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing)
g. Self-monitoring of health should be encouraged.
h. Reporting of illness by students and staff should be mandatory. Isolation room in all hostels should be kept ready for immediate shifting of any inmate reporting illness.
4. Hostels shall be opened from t0.02.202L for the students. All precautionary COVID-19 prevention protocols shall be followed before the occupation of the students.
5. To compensate the lost days, physical classroom teaching shall be conducted on all days except the Examination Period, Sundays, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Utkal Diwas, Rath Yatra, Muharram, Ganesh Puja, NuaKhai, Gandhi Jayanti, Durga Puja(4days), Diwali and Christmas.
6. In addition to the commencement of physical classroom teaching for UGIPGI Diploma/ITl courses, research activities shall also commence in physical mode from the same date.