Bhubaneswar: In order to ensure comfort rail travel and hassle-free movement of traffic in towns or cities in Odisha, the Railway Budget 2021-22 has earmarked a massive Rs 581 crore.
The highlight of this year’s budget is the allocation of highest ever Rs 429 crore for passenger amenities in Odisha. Also, in pursuance of zero accident policy at level crossings, a high of Rs 400 crore has been sanctioned.
It needs mentioning that at least 42 persons were killed in last 5-years at unmanned level crossings in Odisha. Moreover, EcoR has set the year 2020 to eliminate all unmanned level crossings in the State, but work hampered for the pandemic, informed ECoR sources.
WHAT ARE THE PASSENGER AMENTIES?
- Rs 1.6 crore for building 36 bay platform shelters in A-1 and a category stations in Odisha
(Odisha has around 300 stations. Number of A1 and A level stations are numbered at around 10)
- Bhadrak to get the second foot over bridge with ramp facilities.
- Provision of 3rd foot over bridge at the south end in Bhubaneswar station connecting all platforms.
- Bhubaneswar station to have one passenger platform with full-length shelter and extension of the foot over bridge.
- Rs 1.8 crore to Bramhapur station for increasing the circulating area.
- 16 lifts at selected stations in Odisha with a provision of Rs 2.06 crore
- Another Rs 4.25 cr to install lifts in stations for the Divyanga under the scheme Sugamya Bharat
Moreover, to increase rail route kilometre and decongest rail traffic in Odisha, the budget has provided a whopping Rs 1,702 crore for doubling and tripling and quadrupling.
- To decongest Khurda – Cuttack section allocation of Rs 20 cr made for khurda road – Barang third line.
- Rs 100 cr for Jharsuguda – Bilaspur fourth line
- Rs 225 cr for Narayangarh – Bahadrak third line
- Rs 230 cr for Rourkela – Jharsuguda 3rd
The rail budget has also laid big emphasis on flyovers, Road Over Bridges (ROB) and Road Under Bridges (RUBs) to eliminate the level crossings.
- 39 unmanned level crossings in Sambalpur division will be manned
- Road over bridge at Dhenkanal – Sadasibpur
- The road overbridge at Budhapank – Talcher
- Road over bridge at Gangadharpur – Balugaon
- Road overbridge at Mancheswar – Bhubaneswar level crossing.
- A total of 9 Road over bridges in the Sambalpur – Angul section.
- Road overbridge at Cuttack – Kandharpur level crossing.