Sundergarh: The post-mortem reports of the four persons of a family which included a couple and their two kids, who were found dead inside their house in IT Colony of Rajgangpur here, have brought a new twist in the case.
While police initially suspected that the family had consumed poison, the autopsy reports that were out yesterday ruled out possibility of poisoning and revealed that the deaths were caused by asphyxia.
Meanwhile, police is awaiting the viscera reports to establish the exact cause of the death.
Medical in-charge of Rajgangpur Community Health Centre (CHC), Jagdish Toppo informed, “We did not get any traces of poison in the bodies. I think they might have died due to asphyxiation.”
On Saturday, the decomposed bodies of Ranjit Prasad (35), his wife Alpana (30), their three-year-old daughter and 18-month-old son were recovered by the police from inside their house which was locked from inside. Prasad was a resident of Bihar and working as a mechanic at Dalmia-OCL plant in Rajgangpur.