• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Subadh Kumar Nayak

Cuttack: As many as 33 students of Sandhapur Upper Primary School in Cuttack were taken ill soon after consuming mid-day meals (MDM) on Thursday.

According to sources, one of the students noticed a spider in the meal while it was being served to the students. After learning about the presence of the spider in the food, some of the students who had already consumed the meal complained of uneasiness and vomiting.

All of them were immediately admitted at Sishu Bhawan in Cuttack for treatment.

"Out of 33 students, only four to five of them vomited. Most of the students came to the hospital because they were scared. However, all of them are put under observation and their condition is stable," informed Superintendent of Sishu Bhawan, Dr Saroj Satpathy.

On being informed about the matter, Barabati-Cuttack MLA Mohammad Moquim visited the hospital and met the school children. "Apart from five to six students, all of them are doing well. The teachers who are in-charge of the MDM should be more careful and should not neglect in their duty," he said.

Some of the parents, meanwhile, alleged lapses on the part of teachers. "These incidents happen because the teachers who are in-charge of MDM are not serious," said a parent.

Other Stories