Bhubaneswar: The Covid-19 positive count continued to fall in Odisha with less than 500 daily cases being reported for the past five days. The daily fatalities have also come down significantly since last week.
The State on Friday recorded 377 fresh cases while five more patients succumbed to the virus. With this, the infection tally increased to 320394 while the death toll surged to 1,760.
As per the latest data released by the State Health and Family Welfare Department today, two deaths were reported from Keonjhar district and one each patient succumbed to Covid-19 in Malkangiri, Mayurbhanj and Nuapada.
Of the fresh cases, 215 are from quarantine centres while 162 are local contact cases, informed Information & Public Relations Department.
Khordha, the epicentre of COVID-19 pandemic, in Odisha registered the maximum 56 cases followed by Sundargarh (47), Angul (28) and Mayurbhanj (25). Four districts including Boudh, Gajapati, Malkangiri and Nabarangpur did not report a single positive case in the last 24 hours.
The health department has also shared the details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed while under treatment at hospitals during the period.
- A 65-year-old female of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Ischemic Heart Disease.
- A 64-year-old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 75-year-old female of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease & Anemia.
- A 40-year-old female of Malkangiri district.
- A 40-year-old male of Nuapada district who was suffering from Sickle Cell Disease.
A total of 40,936 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 60,60,791 in Odisha. After today’s surge, the State’s active caseload stood at 4,558 while 3,14,023 patients have so far recovered from the infection.
(Edited Ramakant Biswas)