Bhubaneswar: Odisha registered the highest single-day spike of 1876 Covid-19 cases, pushing the virus tally to over 50,000. At least nine patients also succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours, according to the State health department.
With this, the Covid-19 positive cases in the State jumped to 50672, of which 15509 are active cases, 305 deaths and 34805 have recovered so far.
Of the fresh cases reported from 30 districts of the State, 1182 cases were detected from quarantine centres while 694 are local contact cases.
The maximum 297 cases were reported from Khurda district followed by Ganjam with 260 cases, Sundergarh (119), Nayagarh (105) and Cuttack (109).
Details of new cases from the other districts are mentioned below:
Khurda reports highest 297 cases followed by Ganjam 260, Sundergarh 119, Cuttack 109 & Nayagarh 105
(I&PR Dept) pic.twitter.com/RMqzUdI9Cj
— OTV (@otvnews) August 12, 2020
The health and family welfare department shared the details of nine Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 44-year-old female of Angul district who was also suffering from diabetes.
- A 38-year-old male of Balasore district.
- A 48-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Obesity.
- A 57-year-old male of Ganjam.
- A 57-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 74-year-old female of Ganjam district.
- A 58-year-old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 65-year-old male of Rayagada district.
- A 65-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension.
A total of 32053 samples were tested in the last 24 hours in Odisha taking the cumulative number of tests to 724354.
(Edited By Ramakanta Biswas)