Odisha: Vigilance Traces Section Officer’s Assets Over Rs 1.42 Crore
Jagatsinghpur: The Vigilance officials detected assets worth over Rs 1.42 crore in possession of section officer Sanjukta Das after conducting simultaneous raids at multiple places on Wednesday.
Officials of the Cuttack vigilance division today conducted simultaneous raids at multiple places and property associated with the Das, a section officer at the office of District Panchayat Officer, Jagatsinghpur based on allegations of possession of unaccounted wealth. The searches were conducted on the strength of warrants issued by the Special vigilance judge court, Cuttack.
Das’ residential triple-storied building at Satapura in Jagatsinghpur, double-storied building at Panisalia, 3 BHK flat at Mahanadi Vihar, Cuttack, office room at Jagatsinghpur were simultaneously searched.
In course of search, Das was found in possession of assets worth Rs.1,42,08,870 including one triple-storied building, one double-storied building, one 3 BHK flat, six plots, one four-wheeler, two two-wheelers, deposits in different banks and post offices, investment in insurance policies, gold ornaments, cash and household articles.
The list of movable and immovable assets so far unearthed from the possession of Das and her family members
- One triple-storied building at Satapura, Jaqatsighpur- Rs. 37,64,7871
- One double-storied building at Panisalia, Jagatsighpur-Rs 15,74,485
- One 3 BHK flat at Mahanadi Vihar, Cuttack- Rs 44,63,642
- Six plots at Satapura and Panisalia, Dist. Jagatsinghpur-Rs 2,72,348
- One four-wheeler (Maruti Baleno Delta car)- Rs. 6,22,377
- Two two-wheelers (Yamaha RX- 100 and Honda Aviator)- Rs. 95,731
- Deposits in different Banks and Post Offices- Rs. 21,13,652
- Investment in LW and other insurance policies- Rs. 1,88,848
- Gold ornaments. Rs. 9,00,000
- Cash- Rs 6,000
- Household articles- Rs. 2,07,000
The total assets of Das and her family members have been calculated as worth Rs 1,42,08,870. Further inquiry into the case is underway, said a press statement issued by the Vigilance Directorate, Cuttack.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)