Odisha Sees Record 3371 Covid-19 Cases, 13 Deaths In A Day
Bhubaneswar: Odisha today reported its highest single-day spike of 3371 novel-Coronavirus cases taking the cumulative caseload in the State to 87602. The total tally includes 27638 active cases and 59470 recoveries, State I & PR Department informed through twitter.
The death toll rose to 441 with 13 more deaths in the last 24 hours, said the Odisha H&FW Department.
Three COVID deaths were reported from Sundergarh and Sambalpur, two from Cuttack and Ganjam districts while one each from Keonjhar, Khurda (Bhubaneswar) and Puri districts.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2053 were reported from various quarantine centres while 1318 are local contact cases.
As per the data shared by I&PR department, 11 districts reported over 100 cases. Khurda saw another high of 547 cases followed by Cuttack (357), Ganjam (196), Jajpur (173), Nayagarh (171), Sundergarh (154), Rayagada (146), Puri (144), Malkangiri (134), Bhadrak (114) and Sambalpur (107).
Details of cases of other districts are mentioned below:
3371 new COVID-19 positives in Odisha take total virus cases to 87602.
— OTV (@otvnews) August 26, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department has shared the details of 13 Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 60-year-old male of Sundergarh district.
- A 60-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 70-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 42-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Diabetes.
- A 58-year-old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis.
- A 50-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 42-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease, Diabetes, Obstructive Uropathy.
- A 75-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 43-year-old male of Cuttack district.
- A 32-year-old male of Cuttack district.
- A 60-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 60-year-old female of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypothyroidism.
- A 72-year-old male of Puri district.
The Health Department further informed that 63,209 Covid-19 tests including 7,295 RT-PCR tests, 55,780 antigen-based tests and 134 TruNat tests were conducted in the State in the last 24 hours.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)