Odisha Reports Eight Covid-19 Deaths, 3810 New Cases In A Day
Bhubaneswar: The Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Odisha as eight more deaths and 3810 new positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
With this, the Covid-19 death toll in the State rose to 546 while the cumulative caseload jumped to 124031, including 29658 active cases and 93774 recoveries on Sunday, informed the State Health and Family Welfare Department.
Ganjam reported four deaths while one casualty was reported each from Khurda, Koraput, Rayagada and Sundergarh districts.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2286 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1524 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 797 novel coronavirus cases followed by Bargarh (396), Cuttack (322), Jajpur (252), Jharsuguda (192), Mayurbhanj (142), Balasore (120), Puri (117), Ganjam (108), Bhadrak (107), Sonepur (106), Kendrapara (103) and Rayagada (101).
— OTV (@otvnews) September 6, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of nine Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment in hospitals.
- A 48 year-old-male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension.
- A 48 year-old-male of Ganjam who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 45 year-old-male of Ganjam who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- 4.A 78 year-old-male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 56 year-old-male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 49 year-old-female of Koraput district who was also suffering from Uncontrolled Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 38 year-old-male of Rayagada district.
- An 80 year-old-male of Sundergarh district.
(Edited By Pradeep Singh)