Bhubaneswar: As many as 4242 persons tested positive for coronavirus in Odisha in a span of 24 hours, taking the state's virus tally to 1,84,122. The new cases were reported from all 30 districts. The State also registered nine Covid-fatalities during the period.
Of the new cases, 2503 have been detected in quarantine while 1739 are local contacts who have reportedly contracted the virus after coming in contact with earlier detected COVID-19 patients.
As per the data shared by the State I&PR department on Monday, currently there are 37684 active cases, while 145675 patients have recovered from the disease. The death toll due to the virus stands at 710.
The highest number of fresh cases was reported in Khordha district (652), followed by Cuttack (595), 205 positives in Jharsuguda, 182 in Puri, 176 cases in Jagatsinghpur, 171 in Mayurbhanj, 155 each in Kendrapara and Balasore, 153 in Kandhamal district.
— OTV (@otvnews) September 21, 2020
Details of 9 new Covid-19 deaths:
- A 48 year old male of Balasore district.
- A 30 year old female of Jagatsinghpur district who was also suffering from Myesthenia gravis.
- A 54 year old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes, hypertension.
- A 38 year old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes, hypertension & obesity.
- A 59 year old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes, hypertension & obesity.
- A 90 year old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes, hypertension.
- A 74 year old male of Mayurbhanj district.
- A 29 year old male of Nabarangpur district who was also suffering from Sickle Cell Disease with crisis.
- A 51 year old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
The State health personnel conducted 47,758 tests on Sunday- 40010 antigen tests, 7658 RT-PCR tests and 90 were TruNat-based, taking the total number of samples tested so far in the State to 28,14,734.