• otv
Rashmi Ranjan

Sonepur: In a tragic incident, a nine-year-old minor boy was charred to death after house caught fire at Sankara village in the district in the wee hours of Sunday.

According to sources, the fire broke out due to gas leak and it soon engulfed the house when the boy was asleep.

The boy sustained critical burn injuries in the mishap and rushed to hospital. He succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment, sources said.

On being informed about the mishap, Fire department officials rushed to the spot and doused the flame.

In a separate fire mishap, as many as eight cattle charred to death after a fire broke out at a shed at Karuna village in Kakatpur of Puri district late last night. The blaze was doused by the villagers.

Though the exact reason behind the fire is unknown, a short circuit is believed to be the reason behind the mishap.

Other Stories