Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 480 fresh Covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours which took the total tally to 3,19,583 on Wednesday. Of the fresh cases, 276 are from quarantine centres while 204 are local contact cases, informed Information & Public Relations Department.
Khordha registered the highest 51 cases followed by Angul (41), Mayurbhanj (36), Cuttack (35), Puri (31) Sundargarh (31) and Bargarh (30)
As per State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department, the death toll has jumped to 1750 with six more fatalities in the last 24 hours. Two deaths were reported from Ganjam and one each from Jharsuguda, Khordha and Mayurbhanj districts.
- New cases in quarantine: 276
- Local contacts: 204
(I&PR dept) pic.twitter.com/JCIehY0KpA
— OTV (@otvnews) December 2, 2020
The health department has also shared the details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment at hospitals during the period.
- A 82-year-old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 74-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, AKI, CAD & Post CABG.
- A 58-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Acute on CKD, metabolic Acidosis & Severe Hyperkalemia.
- A 68-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Metabolic Encephalopathy & Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 71-year-old male of Jharsuguda district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, CAD & CABG.
- A 71-year-old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & Acute Kidney injury.
A total of 37,069 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 59,77,970 in Odisha. After today’s surge, the State’s active caseload stood at 5,046 while 3,12,734 patients have so far recovered from the infection.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)