Bhubaneswar: The daily spike of Covid-19 caseload continued to show a declining trend in Odisha with 2470 new cases in the last 24 hours. In terms of death, at least 17 persons succumbed to the disease while undergoing treatment at various hospitals of the State, the State health department informed on Thursday.
With this, the total positive caseload in the State reached 262011 which includes 25106 active cases and 235763 recoveries. The death toll has mounted to 1089.
Of the new cases, 1462 patients are from quarantine, while 1008 are local contact cases. As many as six districts reported a surge of over 100 cases. Khordha district has recorded the maximum 368 cases followed by Cuttack (186), Angul (170), Sundergarh (161), Mayurbhanj (134) and Balasore (106).
Total positive caseload in the State rises to 262011.
- I&PR Dept pic.twitter.com/iywbo4pF2L
— OTV (@otvnews) October 15, 2020
The Health department said four deaths were reported from Khordha while three deaths each were reported from Sundergarh and Cuttack district, two deaths from Ganjam and one each death from Balasore, Boudh, Jajpur, Kalahandi and Nayagarh districts. The details of the cases are mentioned below:
- A 60-year-old female of Cuttack district.
- A 57-year-old female of Nayagarh.
- A 70-year-old male of Cuttack District who was also suffering from old Cerebrovascular Accident with Hemiplegia.
- A 28-year-old male of Cuttack District.
- An 85-year-old female of Jajpur District.
- A 55-year-old male of Balasore who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 49-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 72-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 42-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 77-year-old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertensions.
- A 58-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Renal Failure.
- A 55-year-old male of Boudh district.
- A 70-year-old male of Kalahandi district.
- A 36-year-old female of Sundargarh district.
- A 69-year-old male of Rourkela.
- A 60-year-old female of Ganjam district.
- A 50-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypothyroidism.
Official reports reveal 42148 samples were tested on Wednesday for COVID taking the number of samples tested cumulatively across the state to 3921140.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)