Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Sunday constituted a State panel and 7 different medical college level teams for efficient management of the new wave of Covid-19 pandemic in the State.
In a letter to all the district collectors, deans & principals, superintendents of all medical colleges and all CDMs/PHOs, the State Health department has laid out district-level working plan for each team.
The State-level team will have Special Secretary (PH) of Health department as the head of the functionary unit. He will be assisted by the HODs of the Pulmonary Medicine, Microbiology and Anaesthesiology of the 7 govt medical colleges tagged with their respective districts as mentioned below.
— OTV (@otvnews) April 18, 2021
The 7 MCH level teams will have members comprising faculty in pulmonary medicine, microbiology and anaesthesiology.
Responsibilities of the Teams:
- Medical College Level Teams shall be formed by the Dean & Principal of the concerned Medical Colleges in consultation with the Superintendent of the attached hospital and HODs of Pulmonary Medicine/ Medicine, Microbiology & Anesthesiology.
- The Team will inspect and supervise the COVID Hospitals an site in the districts tagged lo them with prior information to the CDM & PHO of the district that will facilitate the inspection. He will ensure the presence of authorized Medical Officer attached to the hospital during the inspection of the team
- The Teams shall observe and assess the protocols followed for screening the cases, isolation and quarantine mechanisms followed, method of sample collection, management of COVID positive cases. management of patients in ICUs, Biomedical Waste Disposal, Infection Control and Prevention methods, rational use of PPEs, deceased body disposal methods followed and appropriate use of facilities like HDUs & ICUs beds
- During its onsite inspection, the Team will assess the adherence to the different guidelines on management and infection prevention control practice in the hospital and appropriate use of facilities like HOUs & ICUs beds.
- The members of the Team will assess the quality of diets, equipments, provision & stock of logistics including oxygen. drugs and PPEs,
- During on site visit the Team will also assess the level of patient satisfaction In the hospital.
- The members of Team will interact with the treating Teams, AMOs & other staffs and will advice them on any remedial measures which may be required.
- The Team will submit the report to the DMET, Odisha through the Dean & Principal of the college.
- The State Level Team shall inspect ad supervIse the Covid Hospitals based on the Feedback received from MCH Level Teams.
10. The travel will be arranged by the Superintendents of the hospitals and the expenses will be met out of Public Health Response Fund.