Odisha Govt Reschedules School Timings For Class 9-12 Students, Check Details
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha School and Mass Education department has rescheduled classes of students from Class IX to XII to morning hours with effect from March 1.
The decision has been taken as precautionary measures to tackle heatwave affecting the school-going students, Pratap Kumar Mishra, OAS (SAG) Additional Secretary to Government said in a letter to all Directors under S&ME Department and all District Education Officers.
The classes of Standard IX and XI students which are conducted from 8.30 AM to 10.00 AM at present, will be rescheduled to 7.00 AM to 9.00 AM. Similarly, Class X and XII which are at present running from 11.00 AM to 4.00 PM is rescheduled to 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
These guidelines will be in addition to the instructions/ SOPs already issued by this Department for COVID-19, Mishra said.
The following guidelines will be applicable to all schools under S&ME Department, Government, Govt. Aided and Private Schools.
- The Class IX & XI which is at present running from 08.30 AM to 10.00 AM is rescheduled to 7.00 AM to 9.00 AM.
- The class X & XII which is at present running from 11.00 AM to 4.00 PM is rescheduled to 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM.
- District Education Officers are advised to ensure availability of safe pure drinking water in all schools including repair of tube well if any in consultation with officials of PR & DW Deptt./ Urban local bodies.
- DEOs are also advised to store sufficient ORS in school point which can be provided to students and staff in case of need and the same can be procured from local Health Centre.
- School transport facility where available is allowed to operate for students and staff to avoid exposure to heat. The same should be allowed to operate following COVID-19 norms.
- All parents should be sensitized to ensure that their children carry a water bottle while going to school. This should be sufficiently publicized by the Headmasters/ SMCs to create awareness among the parents.
- The DEOs should impress upon the Headmasters to allocate some time during the school hour to teach/ sensitize students on precautionary measures on heat wave. The students must not be exposed to heat during the teaching hour and no physical activity like sports should be undertaken.