Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday dismissed six officials from service and discontinued their pensions after they were convicted in different corruption cases.
The state government also directed two other tainted officials to take compulsory retirement as their services were no more required for their alleged involvement in corrupt practices, an official statement said.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has issued such a direction as part of the state governments "Zero Tolerance" towards corruption, an official statement issued by the CMO said.
With the dismissal of the six officials on Monday, the state government so far since August 2019 has removed 74 officials from the service on charges of corruption. This apart, 15 other officials have been served with compulsory retirement notices.
The officials dismissed from service on Monday include Sudhir Kumar Brajendra Narayan, former chief engineer and managing director of Odisha Bridge Construction Corporation (OBCC) and ArunCharanParida, senior project manager of OBCC.
Two former assistant engineers of the Rural Development department - PramodBehera and BrajasundarPattnaik - were also dismissed from service.
The other two dismissed officers were Khageswar Swain, former executive engineer, Cuttack Municipal Corporation and BibekanandaMohanty, ex superintending engineer, Roads and Building Division of Sambalpur.
The government also issued compulsory retirement to two revenue inspectors - Iswari Prasad Purohit and Arun Kumar Purohit.