Odisha Govt Asks Local Authorities To Ready Dedicated Covid Care Centres
Bhubaneswar: With Corona graph maintaining a steady upswing in Odisha over the past few days, the State government on Wednesday issued a notice asking local authorities to remain in full preparedness for functionalization of dedicated Covid care centres on urgent basis.
“..with Covid -19 pandemic is increasing day by day in the state..the district authorities are requested to remain in readiness for functionalisation of Dedicated Covid Care Centers as and when required following the MoHFW as well as the State guidelines or advisories issued from time to time,” the ACS of Health department wrote in a letter to all district collectors, municipal commissioners, all CDMs and PHOs.
The government listed out the following instructions for activating the DCCC.
- All the mild symptomatic or asymptomatic cases are to be advised for home isolation. Only the cases who have no appropriate facility for home isolation shall be admitted to CCCs
- The earlier Government-owned CCCs are to be identified and kept In readiness as regards the beds and other logistics.
- The HR to be deployed are to be intimated /contacted so that they can be in readiness to join immediately at the time of need. Only HR that has been fully vaccinated for Covid-19 should be engaged, if and when the need arises
- While deploying the HR care shall be taken so that the number of such HR shall be proportionate to the occupancy.
- The information of functionalisation of any CCC and the daily patient data shall be submitted/posted in the appropriate Whats App group i.e. “CCC, AfiEW Ileptt.” in the designated format.
- The source of funding shall be the same as that in the first phase of Covid (CMRF/CSR/Other pvt sponsorship).
Meanwhile, State Special Relief Commissioner Pradip Jena clarified to the media that there is no provision for imposing lockdown, shutdown, or day curfew restrictions in the State as of now.