Puri: When online classes have become the new normal during COVID-19 pandemic, a girl in Odisha sustained minor injuries on her hand after the mobile phone which she was using for studies exploded on Tuesday.
The injured, Rupsa Palai from Adarshnagar area in Puri district, is a standard VII student of Kendriya Vidyalaya.
“I was writing down the assignments after the online classes when the mobile phone exploded. By God’s grace nothing much happened, I have suffered minor burn injuries,” said Rupsa.
The incident could be warning for parents who are now allowing their kids access to mobile phones for their studies owing to closure of schools and push towards online classes.
“Parents need to be extra vigilant and be around their kids when they are attending online classes or taking notes from mobiles. They must also ensure that they do not allow their children to use mobile phones for longer hours to avoid overheating issues,” said Sanjay, a guardian from Cuttack.
(Edited By Bikram Keshari Jena)