Angul: An old couple was found dead inside a locked room at their own residence in Angul on Friday morning.
The couple has been identified as Dukhabandhu Sahu and his wife Panchali Sahu, residents of Sanajoroda village under Karnapur Panchayat in the district.
Family members of the couple said that they suspected something amiss when did not find the old couple awake and immediately rushed to their room before discovering the duo dead inside their locked room. Soon, they informed about the incident to Bikrampur police station.
They suspect that, asphyxiation under the impact of smoke resulting due to the short circuit caused in a fan as exact reason behind the death of the couple.