Odisha Covid-19 Update: 868 Fresh Cases, 17 Fatalities In Last 24 Hours
Bhubaneswar: As many as 868 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Odisha in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of positive cases to 311788. While 499 fresh cases are from quarantine, the rest 399 are local transmission cases, according to Odisha Health and Family Welfare Department.
Moreover, 17 patients succumbed to the disease during the period, pushing the total number of deaths in Odisha to 1592.
As per the Health Department data, Khordha district topped the daily positive tally in the state with 126 new cases, followed by Sundergarh with 87 positives, Cuttack (64), Angul (54), 46 cases respectively in Nuapada and Mayurbhanj, and Jagatsinghpur reported 44 cases in last 24 hours.
According to the data, four persons succumbed to the disease in Sundergarh, 3 deaths were registered in Sambalpur, 2 in Bhubaneswar, while Sonepur, Rayagada, Kendrapara, Gajapati, Ganjam, Nayagarh, Bhadrak and Cuttack reported death of one person each on November 18.
The ministry also released the details of the deceased:
- 8-year-old male of Bhadrak district.
- 43-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- 32-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- 54-year-old female of Cuttack district.
- 45-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- 60-year-old female of Gajapati district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- 55-year-old female of Kendrapara district.
- 44-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
- 41-year-old female of Rayagada district.
- 74-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- 53-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- 50-year-old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypothyroidism
- 59-year-old female of Subarnapur district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- 35-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from CKD.
- 87-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- 68-year-old male of Sundargarh district.
- 76-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, CHD post PTCA.
Of the total cases detected so far in the State, 301777 people have recovered while the active case count stands at 8,366.
(Edited By Devbrat Patnaik)