Odisha Covid-19 Update: 7 More Deaths, 368 New Positive Cases Reported In Last 24 Hours
Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 368 new coronavirus cases while seven patients succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, said the Health department. With this, the COVID-19 tally rose to 321564 while the death toll in the State mounted to 1778.
Of the fresh cases reported from 28 districts, 212are from quarantine centres while 156 are local contact cases, informed Information & Public Relations Department.
Khordha reported the maximum 49 cases followed by Sundargarh (45), Angul (30), Cuttack (26), Mayurbhanj (24) and Keonjhar (22). Gajapati, Boudh, Subarnapur and Nabrangpur districts recorded zero cases during the period.
In quarantine: 212
Local contacts: 156
–I&PR Department pic.twitter.com/vvuecaSteF
— OTV (@otvnews) December 7, 2020
Meanwhile, the State health and family welfare department shared details of the seven patients who died while undergoing treatment in hospitals. Cuttack saw death of three persons while Balasore, Jagatsinghpur, Puri, and Sundargarh have registered one death each.
- A 56-year-old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 74-year-old male of Cuttack district.
- A 74-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Benign Prostatic hypertrophy.
- A 64-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease & Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- A 59-year-old male of Jagatsinghpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 50-year-old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 63-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
The State now has 3893 active cases while the cure count stands at 315840. As many as 37231 samples were tested in the last 24 hours via RT-PCR tests, TruNat and antigen-based taking the cumulative tests to 6180992 in Odisha.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)