Bhubaneswar: Odisha continued to witness surge in Covid-19 cases with 2949 fresh positive cases being reported in the last 24 hours. With this, the coronavirus positive tally in the State rose to 81479 which included 26602 active cases and 54405 recoveries.
Ten more patients infected with coronavirus succumbed to the disease taking the virus death toll to 419, according to the State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department.
Five COVID deaths were reported from Ganjam district, two from Sundergarh and one each from Cuttack, Nayagarh and Rayagda districts, added H&FW Department.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 1826 were reported from various quarantine centres while 1123 are local contact cases.
As per the data shared by I&PR department, Cuttack reported the maximum 589 cases followed by Khurda (474), Jajpur (215), Koraput (181) Ganjam (179), Mayurbhanj (156), Rayagada (143) and Sambalpur (104). Details of cases of other districts are mentioned below:
Cuttack reports highest 589 cases followed by Khurda (474), Jajpur (215), Koraput (181) & Ganjam (179) pic.twitter.com/p1bdVVp1nz
— OTV (@otvnews) August 24, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department has shared the details of 10 Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 65-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 70-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Dialated Cardiomyopathy, Diabetes mellitus.
- A 68-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Cirrhosis & Morbid obesity.
- A 60-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Morbid obesity.
- A 63-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 60-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 65-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
- A 55-year-old male of Rayagada district.
- A 65-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 67-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
The Health Department further informed that 60,909 Covid-19 tests including 7,490 RT-PCR tests, 53,295 antigen-based tests and 124 TruNat tests were conducted in the State on Sunday. The highest 9,219 tests were done in Mayurbhanj district.
(Edited By Ramakanta Biswas)