Bhubaneswar: It seems the coronavirus curve is seeing a downtrend in Odisha as daily case-count has dropped below 3000-mark. With 2697 new positives in the last 24 hours, the total number of coronavirus infections in the State has risen to 246839. While 1576 cases were detected in quarantine, 1121 are local contacts, informed State I&PR department.
But there has been no decline in daily death cases. The death toll has mounted to 991 as 17 more patients succumbed to the virus on Thursday. Four patients have succumbed to the disease in Khordha district (2 in Bhubaneswar), three deaths were reported in Balasore district while 2 each succumbed in Puri and Mayurbhanj. Bargarh, Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Malkangiri, Nayagarh, Sonepur districts have reported one death each.
Of the fresh cases, highest of 482 cases are from Khordha district, followed by Cuttack (234), Nuapada (153), Mayurbhanj (134), Sundargarh (120) districts, the I&PR data mentioned.
- I&PR Dept pic.twitter.com/3Od6UGXxrW
— OTV (@otvnews) October 9, 2020
Details Of People Who Succumbed To The Virus In Last 24 Hours:
- A 55-year old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 72-year old female of Balasore district.
- A 70-year old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 53-year old male of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 75-year old female of Bhubaneswar.
- A 72-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 70-year old male of Kalahandi district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 51-year old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 64-year old male of Khordha district.
- A 50-year old male of Khordha district.
- A 40-year old male of Malkangiri district.
- A 53-year old male of Mayurbhanj district.
- A 56-year old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- An 80-year old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Cerebrovascular Accident
- A 90-year old male of Puri district.
- An 80-year old female of Puri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 67-year old male of Subarnapur district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
As per official reports, 45169 samples were tested on Thursday for COVID-19 that include 5868 RT-PCR, 39219 samples via Antigen testing, and 82 samples via Truenat testing, taking the number of samples tested cumulatively across the state to 3664678.
While the recovery count currently stands at 216984, the active cases rose to 28811 after today's surge.