• otv
Suryakant Jena

Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today announced relief package for three districts which were worst hit by cyclone Titli.

After carrying out an aerial survey of the affected districts, Patnaik said he had instructed that all the affected families of Gajapati, Ganjam and Gunupur subdivision of Rayagada will be given relief for 15 days.

“On an average, a family of 4 members will be assisted with more than Rs 3000 as relief at the rate of Rs 60 per adult and Rs 45 per child per day," Patnaik said.

I found the cyclone has done extensive damage to agricultural crops, roads, trees and energy sector, said Patnaik.

“I have directed the authorities to restore connectivity to all cut off areas within next 48 hours. Electricity supply to 90 percent of the affected areas will be ensured within the next 48 hours and the remaining 10 percent areas in three to five days. Safe drinking water will be provided in all block areas within 48 hours and all tube wells will be repaired by tomorrow,” Patnaik said.

“Water supply will be restored in all urban areas in the next 24 hours. House and crop damage assessment will start once the immediate relief and restoration measures are completed, he added.

Other Stories