Kendrapara: In a tragic incident, a three-year-old girl was charred to death in her sleep after a massive fire broke out at a paddy field in Kendrapara district late on Thursday night.
The incident took place at Okilpal village under Rajnagar block of Pattamundai in the district. The minor girl's parents and elder sister were critically injured in the mishap, sources said.
3-year-old girl charred to death after fire breaks out at paddy yard at Okilpal village under Rajnagar block; her parents & elder sister critically injured #Odisha
— OTV (@otvnews) January 29, 2021
According to initial reports, the minor girl was sleeping with her family to guard their harvested paddy in their farmland when the fire broke out. The fire is suspected to be caught from a kerosene lamp.
While the minor girl died on the spot, her parents and 12-year-old sister were rushed to Cuttack in critical condition.
(Edited By Ramakanta Biswas)