• otv
Dilip Kumar

Angul: In a tragic incident, 14 houses including seven sheds of four families were completely gutted in a devastating fire mishap at Kahlagaon under Bantala police limits in the district on Wednesday night.

A cow and over 22 sheep were charred to death in the blaze that broke out in the village at around 10.30 pm on Wednesday.

However, no human casualties or injuries have been reported as the residents living under thatched houses managed to escape and move to safer places, reports said.

The fire destroyed all belongings including electronic appliances, motorcycles, furniture and other household articles.

Families of Panhunath Biswal, Iswar Chandra Biswal, Sishir Biswal and Lekuri Biswal have been rendered homeless in the mishap.

Two fire tender units were pressed into services, who took over two hours to bring the inferno under control.

The extent of damage has not been immediately determined. Though the exact cause of the fire has not been ascertained, electric short-circuit is suspected to be the reason of the mishap.

Other Stories