Odisha: 1018 Fresh Covid Infections & 12 Deaths Reported; Rayagada Sees Zero Cases In Last 24 Hrs
Bhubaneswar: The Covid-19 tally in Odisha rose to 307004 on Friday after 1018 more persons tested positive for the infection in the last 24 hours. Twelve fatalities during the period have pushed the death toll to 1495.
Of the fresh cases reported from 29 districts, 585 are from quarantine and the rest 433 were local transmission. For the first time in over four months, no district has reported more than 100 cases, as per Information & Public Relations (I&PR) Department.
While Rayagada district saw a nil surge after a span of four months, Sundargarh reported the highest 94 fresh cases in the past 24 hours followed by Mayurbhanj (86), Khordha (83), and Cuttack (73).
As far as the fatalities are concerned, three patients succumbed to the virus in Sundargarh district, and two deaths each were recorded in Khordha (Bhubaneswar) and Dhenkanal. Sambalpur, Koraput, Kandhamal, Puri, and Angul districts reported one death each, informed the State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department.
The department has shared the details of the 12 Covid-19 patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment at various hospitals:
- A 58-year-old male of Angul district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus with UTI.
- A 48-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was a Post OP & post RT patient of GBM Grade-4 with Paraplagia & CKD.
- A 57-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 69-year-old male of Dhenkanal who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 52-year-old male of Dhenkanal district.
- A 46-year-old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 60-year-old female of Koraput district.
- A 45-year-old male of Puri district.
- A 60-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & CVA.
- A 55-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 51-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 52-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from multiple heart disease.
As of now, at least 53 patients infected with COVID-19 have died due to pre-existing ailments, informed the H&FW Department.
After today’s surge, the active cases in the State have risen to 11715 while 293741 positive patients have so far recovered from the disease. As many as 48264 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 5171184 in Odisha.
Meanwhile, the morning data of the union health ministry reveals that 44879 more persons tested positive for coronavirus in a span of 24 hours in India pushing the country’s overall infection tally to 8728795. The death toll rose to 128688 after 547 new fatalities during the period.
(Edited By Devbrat Patnaik)