• otv
Ramakanta Biswas

Bhubaneswar: Two Odia craftsmen working in a restaurant in Japan were reportedly killed in a carbon monoxide gas leakage in the eastern island country. According to sources, the mishap occurred on January 29 but the family members of the deceased learnt about it on January 30.

The deceased were identified as Sheikh Mantaz of Kasaba Kamarda area in Balasore district and Sheikh Baharuddin of Badachana area in Jajpur district.

Police of Kamata province in Japan has reportedly recovered the bodies and undertaking further probe into the matter. The brother of one of the deceased who is also in Japan has levelled allegations that he was not allowed to see the bodies.

Meanwhile, the family members of the deceased in their villages have appealed both Odisha and the Central government for financial help and diplomatic intervention to bring back the bodies.

“At around 11 am on January 30 my younger brother reached the restaurant where my older brother Mantaz was working and found a gathering of police personnel at the spot. He learnt that two persons had died and one of them was our brother while another hailed from Pathan Mohalla in Badachana area,” Imtiaz said.

Other Stories