We Report, You Decide

Mosquito Coil Causes Fire, 3 OSAP Jawans Critical

Bhadrak: Three jawans of the Odisha Special Armed Police (OSAP) sustained critical burns in a fire that was caused due to a mosquito repellent coil here on late Sunday.

According to reports, the armed police personnel were sleeping post their duty at the Puruna Bazar Police Station in Bhadrak district when the mishap occurred. The repellent coil they had used to drive away mosquito came in contact with flammable materials that caught fire. In the fire, the trio sustained severe burns and were rushed to the Bhadrak hospital. They are stated to be serious.

Sources said the injured jawans Manoranjan Ghadei, Sangaram Tudu and Ganesh Nayak belong to the 5th Baripada Battalion of the Odisha Special Armed Police.

According to Puruna Bazar Police, the mosquito net caught fire from the mosquito coil.

The Superintendent of Bhadrak Police visited the hospital to review their health condition. Latest reports suggest the jawans will be shifted to Cuttack SCB medical as their health condition has deteriorated.

Additional SP Bikas Das informed, “We have registered a case under IPC 435, 336 to investigate this mishap.”

Injured jawan Sangaram Tudu said, “All three of us were sleeping after finishing our day shift duty at Puruna Bazar Station. Suddenly our mosquito net caught fire that set us ablaze.

(Edited By Debasish Panigrahi)

You might also like

Comments are closed.