Rojalin Mishra

Jagatsinghpur: A minor girl was charred to death after a major fire broke out at Routanuagon under Raghunathpur police limits in the district on Wednesday. The deceased was identified as Mama Das, a Plus II first year student of Siddha Mahaveer College.

As per reports, locals noticed smoke emanating from the house and immediately informed the fire brigade. Following this, a fire tender reached the spot in a short period of time.

In the meantime the flames had engulfed the house during which Mama was burnt alive. When the fire mishap took place, she was alone at home, reports added.

The exact reason behind the blaze is yet to be ascertained, but it is suspected that the cause of fire could be an electric short circuit.

Meanwhile, Raghunathpur Police has started an investigation into the incident.

OTV News is now on Whatsapp

Join and get latest news update delivered to you via whatsapp

Join Now
scrollToTop