• otv
Sharmili Mallick

Sonepur: A minor boy died while his uncle suffered critical injuries after being electrocuted by a live wire laid on the roadside to hunt wild boars near Silati village under Binika Police limits in Sonepur district.

The deceased Trilochan Sathua is a 17-year-old from Salepali village under Bheden block in Bargarh district. His uncle, Manoj Bania (32) of Silati village has been admitted to Binika Community Health Centre (CHC) for treatment.

As per reports, Trilochan and Manoj were returning to Silati from Binika on their motorcycle at around 5.30 PM on Tuesday when they stumbled upon the 11 KV wire put up on the roadside near Chaukijor, a few kilometres away from Silati. Coming in direct contact with the live wire, Trilochan died on the spot, while Manoj, who also suffered an electric shock in the mishap was rescued by the locals and rushed to the hospital.

Trilochan had come to his uncle's village some five days back to spend his holidays, family members said.

Blaming the concerned forest division and local authorities for the mishap, Silati villagers staged a road blockade near Binika College by burning tyres. However, the agitation was called off after the intervention of the police.

"Due to the negligent attitude of the Binika forest division officials, a 17-year-old boy has lost his life. If necessary, we are ready to file a complaint against the concerned forest division. Though police have assured investigation in connection with the incident, we do not have faith on them," stated a villager of Silati, Pradeep Bag.

(Edited By Devbrat Patnaik)

Other Stories