Subadh Kumar Nayak

Sundergarh: A pall of gloom descended on Garada village under Bisra Police limits of Sundargarh district this afternoon after a man and his son were electrocuted to death. The deceased have been identified as Phagu Sahu and his 19-year-old son Prakash.

According to reports, Phagu came in contact with a live electricity wire while he was turning off a water pump. Prakash was electrocuted while trying to save his father.

Phagu's wife who was also critically injured while trying to save the father-son duo has been admitted at the hospital for treatment.

Bisra Police, meanwhile, has started an investigation into the matter. They have sent the bodies to the hospital for post-mortem.